Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wah Sing Super


On another journey down Irving Street in the Outer Sunset Victor and I happened upon Wah Sing Super. Honestly I was just interested in wasting some time before going to get Vida from soccer and I happened to find parking near the market. There are two sections to this market, a produce and meat area and a dry goods area. Unfortunately we went to the produce and meat area first and I have to say I have never seen such a strange and hap hazard market. The meat looked awful—you would need life insurance to go along with your meat purchase There were many empty deli and produce cases randomly strewn around the space making me think they were remodeling. But since some of them also appeared to be used to store empty produce boxes it made me think that wasn’t the case but that they were just painfully lame. There was almost literally nothing to buy so we ended up paying 99 cents for a conventional pomelo for Vida. Victor was asking if we could get the kind of “pomeloupe” that is “orange inside” i.e. a cantaloupe but they didn’t have any. We went over to the dry grocery store front but I was already so put off, not to mention short on cash so we left and went wandering down the block. We ran into a bulk candy store that had Western candy bins, gummies, jelly beans, and chocolate on the left of the store and Chinese treats on the right. I bought Victor a couple of chocolate coins and we made our way back to the car.

Snack of the Day--Pomelo

No comments:

Post a Comment